Yesterday, I woke up in the mood for crepes, which I have never made before, and being a little crazy I felt compeled to give them a try! To my amazement, my first batch turned out so good that I made a second batch right after! Pregnancy cravings are a great motivator :) I was a little intimidated making them because they seam so delicate, but it was just like pancakes and really a breeze to cook! So mamas, try out this super easy recipe this weekend and really impress your family with a batch of homeade crepes, whipped up fresh in your kitchen!
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 TB sugar
1 cup Flour
(thats it! so easy)
+Butter to coat pan with
+topping of choice: loved fresh strawberries and powder sugar! so good!
1. Mix ingredients together in bowl
2. Refridgerate for 1-2 hours
3. Heat Skillet on medium and coat pan with butter
4. Pour batter onto pan and spread out with spoon to create a thin layer
5. Using a silicone spatula, peel up edges when begin to look dry and flip crepe to other side
6. Cook until lightly golden in color and remove from pan
7. Use wax paper to seperate each crepe on a plate until finished cooking
8. Repeat until all batter has been used. (makes 8-10)
9. Fold crepe to desired look and top with favorite toppings, or fill with nutella, yogurt etc.
10. Serve and Enjoy!!
So yes, I said I made two batches... My second I made lemon crepes with blueberry compote topping! Sounds like a million bucks, but really it was just a little bit extra work. Follow along to hear my modifications.
LEMON BLUEBERRY CREPES:
*Same recipe/steps as above: when making batter, add 1/4 cup lemon juice, then cook crepes as previously instructed.
1/2 cup blueberries
1 TB sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in pot on high heat for appx 5-10 minutes until blueberries soften and boil down.
2. Remove from heat and add to finished crepes.
3. Add powder sugar and lemon zest for extra sweetness and flavor!