I think I may just fail my new years resolutions before I start, but for this three cheese mac n' cheese, it may just be worth it! They say you need to carb load before a big run, right? I am going to think of it as meal prep for my big work outs to come in the new year!
THREE CHEESE MAC N' CHEESE
1 Box Elbow Noodles
2/3 cup smoked chedder cheese
2/3 cup smoked gouda with bacon (mmm!!)
2/3 cup monterary jack
2 TB minced garlic
3 TB Butter
1/2 cup milk
Salt & Peper for flavor
Minced Cilantro & Peper Flakes as topping
1. Boil noodles, be sure to add salt to the water for flavor
2. Turn oven to 400 degrees and prep baking dish with no stick spray
2. Once pasta is soft, strain water from noodles
3. Return noodles to pan and flavor with butter and minced garlic
4. Add in Cheese and Milk and mix until cheese is well blended
5. Pour noodles into baking dish
6. Top with bread crumbs, peper flakes and cilantro
7. Bake 10-15 minutes until bread crumbs golden
8. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
I love mac n' cheese with brisket, which may be because I am a Texas girl, but the combination is so southern and delicious! Also, It would be delicious to add bacon bits and have it as a whole meal, what better on a cold day! I am making myself hungry again, time for seconds!