Our Family LOVES breakfast! not just a little, like a lot! My husband loves it so much so that he spoke about sharing his favorite meal in our wedding vows! It has always been our special time to sit down together as a family before the day takes us in its many directions. With Mother's Day just a few days away I wanted to share some of my favorite breakfast recipies to spoil your mother or yourself with this Sunday! They are all so easy and delicious and many you can make the night before and throw in the oven the morning of. Be sure to give these a try and I hope each of your has a very special and relaxing Mother's Day!
German Pancakes: I grew up eating these with my Granny at our favorite resturant in Ft. Worth as we people watched and dreamed on the future. I was so thrilled to find this recipie as they bring back only the best memories! If you have not had them before they have a tart kick with the lemon but followed by a smooth sweetness that is the perfect balance to a hot cup of coffee!
2 Cups Milk
1 Tea Vanilla
1 1/3 Cup Flour
4 TB Sugar
1/4 Cup Melted Butter (as instructed, not in batter)
1 Lemon and Powder Sugar (for garnish)
Set Oven for 400 degrees
place 1/4 cup butter in chosen baking dish and place in oven until melted.
Combine Milk, Eggs, Vanilla, Flour and Sugar in dish until smooth and frothy
When Butter is Melted, pour batter into dish and return to oven
Cook 25-30 minutes until edges are golden brown then remove from oven
Squeeze Juice of 1 Lemon on Top (1/2 lemon if you don't want a tart taste, you can always add more)
Then top with generous heaps of powder sugar.
Serve Warm and Enjoy!
This dish is hearty and healthy and to my amazement the 2 1/2 of us manage to eat the entire plate every time!
1 Premade Pie Crust
3 Egg Whites
1/3 Cup Milk
1 TB Minced Garlic
1 lb Breakfast sausage
1 Cup Spinach
1 Cup Grated Cheese
1.Heat Oven to 400
2.Greese pie pan and line with pie crust
3.Cook Sausage in pan on high eat until cooked through
remove and place in pie crust
4.On Same pan, sauté spinach and minced garlic
5. When Soft, Remove from pan and place in pie pan
6. Top with Cheese
7. Wisk together eggs and egg whites
8. Pour over all other ingredients in pie pan
9. Bake appx 40 minutes untl toothpick comes out clean and golden brown on top. 10. Serve and Enjoy
Lemon Blueberry Rolls:
Always a favorite and easy, kid friendly dish! Can you tell the trend that I have been craving lemon flavor this year! (oh pregnancy cravings)
1 cup Blueberries
1 large lemon (zest +juice)
1/2 cup sugar
2 TB Water
1 container of pilsburry crescent rolls
1/2 cup powder sugar
2 TB Milk
1/2 Tea Vanilla
1. In a small pot on medium heat, mix ingredients 1-4 until blueberries are soft and have boiled down, if you like a more tart taste, add extra lemon juice. if you prefer sweeter, add more sugar. I also love to add in the lemon zest from the lemon as well.
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Roll out crescent rolls on flat surface, sprinkle with granulated sugar as base
4. Strain out blueberries and pour over dough, adding a few spoonfulls of the blueberry juice from pan for extra flavor
5. Roll length wise and cut into circles
6. In a greesed pan, Bake for appx. 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool and mix up frosting in bowl.
8. Coat with frosting, serve and enjoy!