We have had an overabundance of fruit in our house this summer which has lead to some tasty recipes. This weekend I trialed a new recipe for lemon poppyseed muffins which turned out pretty darn tasty. Just ask my two year old who gobbled up three in one sitting! It's always tricky with lemon to not make them too tart or without enough flavor. These are a mild lemon flavor so if you like a punch, feel free to add a little more lemon juice.
Preheat Oven 350: Makes 16 muffins
3 cups flour
1/2 TB Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
8 TB butter
1 1/2 c yogurt
1/3 cup lemon juice
Juice of 1 lemon
Powder sugar appx 1/2 cup.
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl
3. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until combined, mixing as little as possible (this helps give you fluffy muffins)
4. Pour into lined muffin tins
5. Bake at 350 for appx 25 minutes
6. Remove and cool
7. Make icing and pour over top of muffins,
8. Top with lemon zest for pretty finish and added punch of flavor.