We rang in the new year here in Austin, with a spell of warm sunny weather which made for the perfect start to the new year! At 74 degrees, it truely felt like a picturesque spring day, flowers were blooming, birds chirping, it was the perfect scene of a Disney Fairy Tale. Feeling inspired by the change of weather and my favorite spring flavors, lemon and blueberry, I whipped up these delicious Lemon Blueberry Rolls for a sweet and tangy afternoon snack! Warm and fresh from the oven, I literally ate the whole plate! You may judge me now, but when you give them a try, don't be suprised if you do the same! We will definately be having these again this weekend and at our next girls brunch! Try them out and save the recipie to share with others!
LEMON BLUEBERRY ROLLS
Bake: 350 appx 20 minutes.
Makes: 8 rolls
1 cup Blueberries
1 large lemon (zest +juice)
1/2 cup sugar
2 TB Water
1 container of pilsburry crescent rolls
1/2 cup powder sugar
2 TB Milk
1/2 Tea Vanilla
1. In a small pot on medium heat, mix ingredients 1-4 until blueberries are soft and have boiled down, if you like a more tart taste, add extra lemon juice. if you prefer sweeter, add more sugar. I also love to add in the lemon zest from the lemon as well.
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Roll out crescent rolls on flat surface, sprinkle with granulated sugar as base
4. Strain out blueberries and pour over dough, adding a few spoonfulls of the blueberry juice from pan for extra flavor
5. Roll length wise and cut into circles
6. In a greesed pan, Bake for appx. 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool and mix up frosting in bowl.
8. Coat with frosting, serve and enjoy!